Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Take 2!

I tried my second chocolate chip cookie recipe this weekend. My cousin Lindsay recommended the recipe on the Crisco box so I gave it a try.

Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Cream shortening and brown sugar in a large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer for two minutes or until light.
3. Add egg, milk and vanilla, beating 1 minute, or until thoroughly blended.
4. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture gradually beating on low speed for 1 minute, or just until blended.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies will still appear moist when baked. Cool 2 minutes then remove to cooling rack.




I think I liked this one a little more, little more moist & chewy, but it's still not the one. Hubby rated this one 4/5 stars. His main complaint was that he could taste the shortening in the cookies.

The best part of the cookies is that - even though they're delicious - I've only eaten two so far. I'm not doing super fantastic with my eating, but I am definitely making better choices than I had been previously. And Jonathan, Daisy and I have gone for 45 minute walks the past two nights. I have to admit, I'm feeling a tiny bit proud of myself. :-)

xo.

1 comment:

  1. If I ever get around to typing it up I will send you my mom's recipe to see you like it :) You have to have a go to chocolate chip cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete