Thursday, August 30, 2012

New Year's Resolution

August 30th... How did that happen? This summer has absolutely flown by! While our summer wasn't full of grand adventures it was a good one. The weather here in Nova Scotia was amazing - not something I can say very often! - and we thoroughly enjoyed our new deck (lovingly built by my handy hubby) and spending time in and around my parents' pool. We bought Daisy her own kiddie pool so she could cool her paws while we were swimming. We discovered a new favourite park and did lots of barbequing.

I feel like this was a summer of family more than friends. We spent time with my brother-in-law and his wife in Charlottetown, spent many hours with my parents and brother around the pool, enjoyed a warm night by the fire with my in-laws, and then today we had a wonderful afternoon with Jonathan's grandparents and aunt and uncle from Texas.

Truthfully, I'm not overly sad that summer is ending. Yes, I enjoyed the warm weather and sunshine, but I love fall. I love the crispness of the air and I love watching the leaves change. To me fall is really when the new year begins - not January. For that reason I've decided that it's time for a "New Year's Resolution" of sorts.

I want this to be the year I get healthy. Not necessarily skinny (though that would be a bonus) but I want to feel better. I eat a lot of junk and then I tend to feel like junk. I want to eat better and exercise more. I want to have more energy so I can enjoy life more.

Happy New Year everyone. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment