Sunday, October 28, 2012

Wanna-be fashionista

I am not really a fashionable person, I freely admit it. Sometimes though, I get the urge to make myself a little more stylish. I got it in my head that I wanted a pair of boots. Unfortunately I'm short, have wide feet and kind of chunky calves. I didn't think I'd ever find a pair that fit and that I liked. But I did! The  very first pair I tried on actually.

Thursday night hubby and I went to the mall to see if we could get him a new iPhone. While he was waiting in line at Rogers I popped over to Payless to look around and found these lovelies. I was hesitant though, two months before Christmas and it's not like I need the boots. So I put them on hold and left.

I've never been a shoe person, but I couldn't get the boots out of my head. How sad is that? Anyways, I decided that I couldn't pass them up so on Friday I headed back to the mall to get them. Then Saturday I realized that I needed some skinny jeans to go with my new boots so back to the mall I went.

I ended up spoiling myself - two sweaters, a shirt, jeans and a skirt. It was kind of nice to spoil myself. (Okay, it was really nice!) I feel the tiniest bit guilty, but it was really nice to head off to church this morning in a brand new outfit that I felt good in.

Before I head off to bed, I want to wish my friend, the lovely Brittany a very happy birthday. Hope your day was absolutely amazing!


2 comments:

  1. Those boots are amazing! Glad you treated yourself to some stuff hun! Always nice to do that once in awhile!!

    Thanks you so much! It was lovely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you need to spoil yourself a little. I recently bought new Docs - that's the only type of shoes I really spend any particular amount of money on, and I did some nice shopping this weekend.

    ReplyDelete