Friday, January 4, 2013

A.W.O.L

Yup, I've been totally AWOL. I'm a little bit disappointed in myself actually. I really thought I would stick with it last time. Apparently I was wrong. However, instead of doing what I usually do and totally scrapping this blog and starting over somewhere else I'm going to try and revive this one.

 I've made some goals/resolutions for 2013 and I think a couple of them will actually help out with giving me things to blog about.

My first goal is to try 50 new recipes this year. Jonathan (my husband) gave me a really nice cookbook for Christmas (Joy of Cooking) so most of the recipes will probably come from it. I still spend a lot of time on Pinterest though so I'm sure there will be some from there too. I've actually tried one already this year, I made a yummy chicken tetrazzini. It was all from scratch (no cans of soup) and turned out really well. Even better was that it made enough for 3 meals, so I froze what we didn't eat and now I have two meals ready to go in the freezer. Hoping to do more cooking ahead this year too.

My second goal is to read 50 books this year. I love reading, but I find in recent years I've spent more time watching TV than I've spent reading and I don't like that. Not that there's anything wrong with watching TV, I enjoy sitting down and watching a good show with Jonathan, but I want to make sure it's not all I'm doing. I've decided to start by re-reading Harry Potter. It's been a while and I really enjoy them. I am looking for suggestions for later though, if anyone has any.

My third goal is to watch 24 movies this year. I know it might seem silly, but I've never really been a movie person. I don't know if I have a really short attention span or what but even if a movie looks really good, I still have a hard time making the decision to spend 2.5 to 3 hours sitting in one place to watch it. I actually saw my first movie of this year on new year's day. I went to see Les Miserables with Jonathan, his sister, and two of his brothers. (For the record, I loved it and definitely recommend it. I was a tiny bit disappointed with Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean but I thought the rest of the actors did a wonderful job, especially the little guy who played Gavroche.)

As always, I'm also going to try to eat better/exercise more. Together Jonathan and I have also decided that we're going to be more fiscally responsible this year. We both have pretty good jobs (I actually got a nice raise right before Christmas) but we are irresponsible when it comes to spending. (Me way more than him...) I'd really like to work on paying down some of our debt this year. And of course, one of my goals is to blog at least a couple times a week and find some good blogs to read.

Happy new year!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it you can blog more! Nice new layout by the way :)

    I loved Les Mis! I have to disagree I loved Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean. I loved the kid who played Gavroche! Did you hear Taylor Swift was in the running to play Epoinine?? My ear hurt even thinking about that! haha

    ReplyDelete