Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tunes Tuesday

I thought I'd take a page out of Brittany's book and start doing Tunes Tuesday. Then I realized that I don't really listen to music anymore. How sad is that? I always have CD on in the car, it's very rare that I listen to the radio at all. So I really don't know any new artists. I just listen to my favourites, and that's about it.

So for today, here are a couple of my favourites. And hopefully next week, I'll have a new (well, new to me!) song/artist to share. Suggestions are more than welcome!

First up is "One Life" by Hedley. I can't help it, I love Jacob Hoggard. The summer he was on Canadian Idol was the worst summer of my life and though it sounds totally ridiculous, he totally helped get me through.


"You and Me" by Lifehouse is the first song Jonathan and I slow-danced to. He had never slow danced (he went to a Christian school that didn't have dances) and we were going to a wedding the next week so we thought we'd better practice. So we danced in the tiny living room of his apartment and it is still one of my favourite memories.

One last oldie, this is "Tangled Up Puppet" by Harry Chapin. This is the song my dad and I danced to at my wedding. It's been three and a half years and I still tear up when I remember that dance. (I know, I'm a sap!)

Hope you're having a great week so far!

1 comment: