Sunday, February 10, 2013

What's Ringette?

Jennifer from Ramblings of a Suburban Mom commented on my last post and asked what ringette was. I should have realized that most non-Canadians wouldn't have had any idea what I was talking about. (And really, there are probably lots of Canadians that didn't know either.) I tried to explain, but I don't know that I actually did my favourite sport justice. So, I went searching for a video that did a better job. I found two that I like and show off my sport.



Now, I play in the equivalent of a beer league so the ring doesn't move quite as fast or with as much precision as it does in these videos but even at that level it's still fast and it's still fun to watch. I hope if you've got five minutes to spare you'll watch at least one of the videos. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Okay why did I just now see this?? It appears to me it's like hockey but with a ring? And less contact? Am I close or is this a horrible analysis??

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very close. :-) Some of the rules are a different, but the general principle is the same.

    ReplyDelete