Monday, August 20, 2012

Book worm

I love to read. I think I always have. I can still remember my grade two teacher telling my parents I was reading at least two grade levels ahead and how proud that made me. I'll read pretty much anything, and I have a hard time picking a favourite book or a favourite author. (Though if you were going to make me pick my favourite book is The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, my favourite series is the Enchanted, Inc trilogy by Shanna Swendson and my favourite author is Kathy Reichs.)

Recently I've been tending to gravitate towards young adult sci-fi/fantasy. Particularly books that deal with dystopian societies. (Like the Hunger Games.)  I also loved Veronica Roth's Divergent. Last week I decided that I needed to read something a little different for change and borrowed The King's Mistress by Emma Campion from the library. What a fantastic read! I had forgotten how much I enjoy historical fiction. I can't seem to put it down, and I find myself wondering about what's going to happen when I'm not reading. I definitely recommend it.

Anyone have any good recommendations for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment