Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Back for Good

I have been a bad blogger. I unintentionally took a month long hiatus. (Oops!) I'm hoping that I am back for good this time. It's not the first time I've said that, but I'm trying to get into more of a routine at home and at work. And I want to make sure I make some time for things just for me.

I haven't really been up to a whole lot lately. I took a week of vacation in the middle of May. Just a "staycation" that I had planned to use to get some house cleaning done. I just needed a break from work. I didn't get much cleaning done, and I ended up spending two and a half days at work anyways. (Fail.)

I celebrated my 31st birthday on the 12th. It was also Mother's Day and my friend Kyla's wedding, so it wasn't much of a "me" day but it was a good day.

 

I've actually watched a fair number of movies recently. One of my goals for this year was to watch 24 movies. I was way off track and then over the past couple weeks Jonathan and I have watched a bunch. We watched all three Iron Man movies, plus the Avengers. (I love Tony Stark and Chris Evans is beautiful.) I haven't seen Thor yet, so that's the plan for Friday night. We also went to the new Star Trek movie with my brother and my parents for my birthday. I really enjoyed it as well.

We've been watching some play-off hockey too, but not the NHL. Our local QMJHL team won the President's Cup this past weekend. Jonathan is pretty excited because his NHL team (Colorado) has the top draft pick and it looks like one of our local boys might go first overall.

I read the Beautiful Creatures trilogy by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl this month as well. Not the deepest read, but I thought they were decently written and I enjoyed the story. I can't decide whether I'll see the movie or not. I tend not to enjoy movies if I've read the book. I spent the whole time comparing it to the book, and usually there are things missing. Some important, and some not so important, but it distracts me nonetheless. (Like with The Host - loved the book, and the movie would have been good if I hadn't spent the whole time focusing on the characters who were missing or the fact that I didn't think some of the actors suited the characters.)

I think that's more than enough rambling for today. Hope the weather is as warm and sunny where you are as it is here in Halifax!

No comments:

Post a Comment