Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I'm alive!

I truly have been a horrible blogger for the past few weeks. I am still planning on continuing my blog, I'm just still trying to find my rhythm with the new job. It's funny, because I'm actually working the same number of hours as before but my days are much more hectic, and I'm now in the car an extra hour each day. I'm totally wiped when I get home. Then I have to cook supper, spend some time with hubby, and try to get a little house work done. (Sometimes being a grown-up really sucks.)

Just a few random thoughts before I start getting ready for work...

- I just finished reading "The Best of Me" by Nicholas Sparks. Excellent book. A little predictable, but very emotional.  I definitely see it being made in to a movie. (But don't wait for it to become a movie, read the book. It's worth it.)

- New job is going well, despite being so much more hectic. I just got a new assistant. (My second one in less than two months...) She's adorable though, very excited and very keen. I think we're going to work well together.

- Going out for supper with "my girls" on Thursday night. I've had the same best friends since junior high and even though our lives have gotten pretty hectic we always make an effort to get out once a month or so. This time it's been two months, so we decided to be a little more fancy and are headed downtown to a nice restaurant for drinks and dinner. I can't wait!


An old picture of the three of us.


- I'm also planning my first weekend away without Jonathan. A good friend of mine (Hi Julia!) moved to a small town about an hour and a half away for work and I'm heading down to spend a night with her in her new place.

- I'm trying to get back on the healthy eating/exercising bandwagon. It's not working. I don't know what sort of kick in the rear I need, but it better come soon!

I am so sorry for not commenting on everyone's blogs lately, my plan is to spend some time on Bloglovin' tomorrow and try to catch up at least a little bit. I do have some errands to run first, but I think I'll save the house cleaning until after I'm done. :-) Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment